Check out our a recording of our recent Q & A here!
This is the Kids YTT you’ve been waiting for….
- Are you a yoga teacher; a preschool, elementary, middle, or high school teacher; a nanny; a parent; aunt/uncle; anyone who loves working with kids?
- Want to become a HIGHLY QUALIFIED and CONFIDENT Children’s Yoga Instructor?
- Want to educate tomorrow’s mindful leaders?
- Do you wish you had the tools of yoga and mindfulness when you were a child?
If the answer is YES, then join Kids Yoga Guide, Yogiful, and Yoga Hive Colorado for this
Yoga Alliance approved Children’s Yoga Teacher Training (RCYS-95) in Costa Rica, June 10-21, 2022.
You will experience:
- Laughter, tears, silliness, and FUN!
- Live kids yoga classes!
- A deep dive into your childhood experiences and INNER CHILD WORK!
- An opportunity to learn HOW to teach children, of all ages, and powerful tools that can change their lives.
YOUR INVESTMENT (is based on occupancy):
- Shared Occupancy (4 beds per room shared bathroom): $3,250
- Double Occupancy (2 beds per room shared bathroom): $3,650
- Private Occupancy (1 bed w/ private bathroom): $3,995
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- 95 hours of curriculum focused on teaching kids yoga to all ages, registered through Yoga Alliance
- Detailed 200+ page teacher training manual that will become your resource for your new teaching adventure
- Learning from 3 experienced teachers who all run their own yoga businesses
- 3 buffet-style, vegetarian meals a day
- Transportation to and from the airport
- Accommodations (price dependent on which housing option you choose)
- Daily yoga and meditation practices
- Yoga mats & props for use on-site
- Two local excursions exploring the beauty of Costa Rica
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Snacks, coconuts, kombuchas, etc. Available for purchase at Rayos Del Sol
- Rental cars (shuttle transportation included)
- Any Shopping you plan to do!
You will fly into the Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport (also known as the Liberia International Airport). A shuttle will pick you up from the airport and will take you to the Rayos Del Sol, located 10km north of Nosara in the Guanacaste region of Costa Rica. On departure day, a shuttle will return you to the airport.
RESERVE MY SPOT NOW!
Here’s What You Will Learn:
MODULE 1: “The FUNdamentals OF TEACHING KIDS YOGA“
How to create more FreedOM in your life, while making a difference for generations to come!
- Teaching kids yoga 101
- Three easy steps to teaching kids yoga
- Begin teaching immediately and feel confident with your new skills
- Classroom management skills
- The basics for teaching children 3-10
MODULE 2: “BABIES AND TODDLERS”
How to teach through the beginning stages of a baby’s life starting from the belly!
- Pre & Post Natal Yoga
- Parent & Toddler Yoga
- Preschool Yoga
- Baby Yoga
- The difference age makes when teaching kids yoga
MODULE 3: “TWEENS & TEENS”
About living a yogic lifestyle and bringing these vital tools to children as they move into adolescence.
- How to teach tweens & teens so that they WANT to listen
- How to guide students ages 8-16 on a journey of self-exploration
- Calming and stress reduction tools
- How to help manage emotions such as anger, anxiety, depression, and other teenage angst
- How to help develop self-confidence, compassion, and empowerment
- How to utilize affirmation and support teens/tweens in shifting their consciousness
- How to create a fun environment through challenging poses, partner yoga, and acro yoga
MODULE 4: “INCLUSIVITY, CAMPS, and MINDFULNESS”
How to create an inclusive environment for children from ALL walks of life.
- What mindfulness is and why we teach it
- Ethics of teaching kids yoga
- Body Safety: protecting the child and yourself
- More about classroom management
- Social Justice & Kids Yoga
- Kids yoga camps
- How to create an environment that includes all children regardless of age, disability, gender, gender identity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation
- How to teach children with special needs including ADD/ADHD, physical, mental, anxiety, dyslexia, Sensory Processing Disorder, and more…
MODULE 5: “THE SECRET SAUCE”
What works, what doesn’t, and our SECRETS to creating classes that keep children coming back.
- Yoga Story Telling!
- Family Yoga
- More group poses, partner yoga, and acro yoga!
- The business of kids yoga
- How to become a kids yoga LEADER in your community
- How to market yourself and where to start teaching
To become a Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher you will need to :
- Complete a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Certification and register with Yoga Alliance, either BEFORE or AFTER this training.
- Complete the entire 95-hour RCYS training.
- Teach 30 hours (a Yoga Alliance requirement) to receive your Registered Children’s Yoga Teachers (RCYT) certificate.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: Will I receive a certificate for the training?
Q: Can I bring my nursing child/toddler to the training.
A: Yes. If you can have someone bring the child for specific times to nurse and nurture this is great. We are a fun-loving group that enjoys kids and wants to support you in being with your baby while learning to teach the next generation of yogis.
Q: Where do I sign up?
A: Click here.
Q: If I learn through your RCYS does that mean I can teach for one of your businesses?
A: That may be possible, between the three of us, we are always looking for great leaders who want to support the growth of the kid’s yoga world. We hire from within and because we are the Premier Kids Yoga Business in Colorado, we have schools/studios and organizations constantly reaching out to us.
Q: What kind of currency do I bring to Costa Rica?
A: You have a few options. You can either use your cards (in most places), US cash (in most places), or exchange money to the Costa Rican Colón.
Q: What is the weather like in Costa Rica in June?
A: The weather is mostly sunny but this is the start of the rainy season. There will likely be the occasional rain. Bring your rain jacket!
Q: Do you make the room assignments?
A: Yes. If you have a friend coming to the training with you we will do our best to accommodate you all staying together.
Q: What is your cancellation policy?
A: All deposits and payments are non-refundable. However, there are refunds & exceptions due to COVID. See below.
- If someone tests positive for Covid-19 within 14 days prior to the retreat start date and thus cannot travel to the retreat, they are entitled to a full refund
- In the case of border closures due to Covid-19 (whether Costa Rica or the guest’s home country), and the guest cannot travel for the retreat, they are entitled to a full refund.
Kids Yoga Guide: Casey Feicht
Casey Feicht (she/her/hers) the creator of Kids Yoga Guide is passionate about teaching kids yoga, training others to teach kids yoga, and serving the next generation in living a peaceful and healthy lifestyle. Casey’s passion for kids’ yoga grew out of her love for yoga and for her daughter Gracee. Casey has been teaching yoga to Babies, New Moms, toddlers, and Kids, and Tweens/Teen for over 15 years. She loves working with others passionate about sharing yoga with kids. She is a pioneer in the industry bringing yoga to the next generation in ways no one else has.
Yogiful: Lauren Moon
Lauren Moon (she/her/hers) is the founder of Yogiful. Yogiful is a Colorado-based kids yoga business with offerings both online and in person. Yogiful specializes in teaching inclusive yoga to ALL kids. Lauren’s goal is to foster a new wave of mindful leaders, starting with our youth. Her passion and purpose is to teach our youth the powerful existence one can have while living in the present moment. Lauren is a RCYT, RCYS (through a partnership with Kids Yoga Guide), RYT 200, E-RYT 200 and an Acroyoga Instructor. Yogiful also offers Kids Yoga Teacher Trainings both locally and internationally. When she’s not working she enjoys traveling with her wife, camping with her cat, drinking tea, crafting, and enjoying live music/dancing with her community.
Yoga Hive Colorado: Blaine Wilkes
Blaine (she/her/hers) started her wellness journey when she became a certified group exercise instructor and personal trainer in 1991. Over the next two and a half decades she immersed herself in a healthcare career while teaching others to live active, healthy lifestyles and competing in running races and triathlons including 30+ marathons and 4 Ironman triathlons. Blaine also became a certified holistic health coach in 2012. Blaine opened Yoga Hive Colorado in 2017. She is a registered yoga teacher, certified aerial yoga teacher, meditation coach, and is currently spending 18 months studying Energy Medicine Yoga with Lauren Walker to become an Energy Medicine Yoga Master Teacher. Passionate about fitness, Blaine is a certified Group Fitness Instructor by the American Council on Exercise and continues to pursue an education in yoga, fitness, nutrition, meditation, and wellness.
Here is what our recent grads have to say about our Training.
At recent teacher training, one of the students said “It feels like a sleepover!” It’s been 2 days & I haven’t had a chance yet to chill from the TREMENDOUSLY RICH training…