Yoga for the Special Child®, LLC is a comprehensive program of Yoga techniques designed to enhance the natural development of children with special needs. Our style of Yoga is gentle and therapeutic – safe for babies and children with Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Microcephaly, Autism and other developmental disabilities. These methods also provide an effective treatment for children diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder, ADHD and Learning Disabilities.
Our therapeutic program includes:
· An integrated series of balanced Yoga poses to increase body awareness, strength and flexibility
· Specialized breathing exercises and relaxation techniques to improve concentration and reduce hyperactivity
· An early intervention program to assure the healthy formative development of infants and toddlers
Yoga for the Special Child®, LLC Seven-Day Certification Course
|“An excellent therapeutic program–clear, comprehensive, and compassionate. I was particularly impressed by the profound transformation in Sonia’s Students, which came as a direct result of their practicing Yoga.”|
|–Dean Ornish, M.D., author of Dr. Dean Ornish’s Program for Reversing Heart Disease|
His Holiness Sri Swami Satchidananda
with a YSC student, Buckingham, VA
This multi-level program is taught by Sonia Sumar. Designed for parents and their children, Yoga teachers, educators and health care professionals, it provides the basic tools for teaching Yoga to children with special needs. Using hands-on and video instruction, Ms. Sumar guides participants through each of the successive stages in the special child’s development – from infancy through adolescence. Topics include: choosing the most effective Yoga routine; creating the optimum home and classroom environment; and working with different syndromes and disorders.
7-DAY TRAINING COURSE
- Sonia Sumar teaches this comprehensive training course in the theory and practice of Yoga therapy for children with learning and developmental disabilities.
- This course is open to Yoga therapist, instructors and students, health care practioners, and families of special children.
- Our comprehensive workbook, Yoga for the Special Child, is provided to participants.
- It is important to understand the medical contraindications to certain asanas, so please do not try to copy our work without proper instruction.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Telephone Toll-free (888) 900-YOGA or 941-925-9677 or visit there web site http://www.specialyoga.com/